Occasionally I need to create an iPhone app which can either take a picture or select one from the user's library. Testing such an app on the iPhone simulator is a pain; the simulator doesn't include a simulated camera, and it doesn't provide a way to sync photos from iTunes.
I keep forgetting how to load images into the simulator's photo library. Here's a method that works well, courtesy of Stack Overflow:
- Launch the iPhone Simulator.
- In the simulator, launch Safari.
- Drag an image from the Finder into the simulator. It should appear in Safari.
- Click and hold the mouse on the image.
- An action sheet should appear. Choose 'Save Image'.
To confirm that the image got added you can launch Photos in the simulator. The image should appear in your Saved Photos album.